Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Memorial Hermann Healthcare System
Chief of Pharmacy Services
Houston, TX 77024 United States
salary + incentive + deferred comp
VP of Operations
JOIN HOUSTON'S LEADER IN HEALTHCARE QUALITY!
With over 20,000 employees and over 4,000 medical staff members, Memorial Hermann is a world-class organization that was recently named one of the Top 15 health systems in the United States by Thomson Reuters. This prestigious distinction, based on clinical quality and efficiency, was given to only two health systems in Texas. Our dedicated team members each play a leading role in our quest for excellent patient care.
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas, Memorial Hermann offers world-class facilities and rewards our dedicated employees with competitive pay, relocation assistance, tuition reimbursement and shift differentials.
INNOVATIVE MEDICINE & COLLABORATION
You'll be surrounded with state-of-the-art technology and be part of a team that values patient care and innovative medicine. From
robot-assisted surgery to our designation as Houston's first Primary Stroke Center, we are continually leading the way in medical advancements. Our specialty areas include Cardiology & Cardiovascular Care, Critical Care, Emergency, Neuroscience, NICU, Oncology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Surgical Services including Transplant, Women's Services and more. Memorial Hermann serves as headquarters for the Life Flight® air ambulance program, provides Houston's only burn treatment center and performs more neurosurgeries than any other hospital in Houston. By establishing the nation's first complete, citywide Chest Pain Center network and the region's largest Stroke Network, we offer the community quicker access to life-saving care.
Nature and Scope of the Position:
The System Executive for System Pharmacy Services is a part of the senior management team and reports directly to the System Chief Medical Officer and participates in all the short-term and long-term strategic planning for the system's hospitals. This position will serve on various decision-making system committees and projects that concern the delivery pharmacy services. The System Executive for System Pharmacy Services is responsible for the successful achievement of goals and objectives; including the development of a strong workforce; improving quality of patient care; implementation of an integrated clinical medical record and achieving financial targets. This position will oversee the preparation of operational budgets for System Pharmacy, hospital and other pharmacy operations. This position will interact and maintain effective relationships with the Medical Staff through efforts of the Clinical Programs Committee (CPC) and MH Physician Network (MHMD). This position is responsible to the various hospitals for the quality, level of service and budget performance of pharmacy departments.
This position will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversight for System Pharmacy employees.
- Responsible for approximately $980 million in Gross Revenue
- Responsible for approximately $100 million in Supply Chain budget.
- Co-Executive Project Sponsor of the electronic Medication Administration Record Initiative within the CARE4 Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Executive Sponsor of the Automated Medication Delivery Initiatives
- ISD PharmNet Executive Sponsor
- Responsible for coordinating Pharmacy Service strategies for the CPC Executive Steering Committee
- Responsible for execution of Pharmacy Services related strategies, metrics development and metric monitoring of these strategies as approved by the CPC
- Accountable for creating, communicating, and deploying a MH Contract Strategy and negations with vendors
- Responsible for ongoing relationships with the vendor community
- Responsible for representation with various community agencies and businesses, local, state, and national organizations relating to the healthcare industry
- Executive Sponsor for the Pharmacy Coordinating Council and Respiratory Council.
- Member of the CPC Executive Oversight Committee
Education, training, experience:
- Licensed or eligible for licensure by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy degree preferred
- M.S., M.H.A. or M.B.A. with a minimum of ten years' experience, preferably in a health care system or Integrated Delivery Network (IDN).
- Possess a working knowledge of financial analysis, health care markets and performance improvement with ability to solve problems, establish trust and credibility and deal effectively with change.
Terms & Conditions